Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Let the Wild Rumpus....Start!

So the Crossfit Open starts tomorrow! I can hardly believe it. Last year I truly let the Open take over my life. I got nervous during the school day. I let my other training slide because I was so paranoid about doing the Open WODs twice. I checked the website a million times a day. I talked to everyone about each WOD to get different perspectives and thoughts. Don’t get me wrong. I am going to be nervous; it means I care! However, this year my goal is to control all of this. I don’t want my entire life to stop for 5 weeks because it is the Crossfit Open. I don’t want my extra training to fall to the wayside so I get to Regionals (hopefully) and am not prepared. I want to balance it all out and feel more in control than I did last year. Don’t get me wrong, last year’s Open went well. There were tears of joy and mostly PRs the second time I did the WOD. However, I think there is room for even more improvement this year when it comes to my mental state.
SO I am setting parameters for myself before all of this insanity ensues. If I set them up ahead of time, I will more likely stay on track.
My plan of attack:
1. If I start obsessing, I am leaving the gym (after I help judge, that is )
2. If people around me start obsessing, I will walk away and mobilize.
3. If I want to rest the day before I do an Open WOD, I will work on skills so my time isn’t wasted.
4. If I want to check the standings, I am only allowed to look three times a week.
5. I will not allow myself to get nervous while I am at school. I need to be there for my students, and I also don’t need to waste that energy. I need to save it for the WOD.
6. I am going to try and sign up for the same times each week so I don’t obsess about heat times....One less thing to think about!
7. I need to focus on the positive and stay focused on controlling the thoughts in my head. It won't be easy, but I will be persistent!

Persistence
If you think you are beaten, you are.
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you like to win but think you can't,
It's almost a cinch you won't.
If you think you'll lose, you're lost.
For out in the world we find
Success begins with a fellow's will.
It's all in the state of mind.
If you think you are out classed, you are.
You've got to think high to rise.
You've got to be sure of your-self before
You can ever win the prize.
Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man.
But sooner or later, the man who wins
Is the man who thinks he can.\
~Posted by Douglas Chapman at HyperfitUSA.com

2 comments:

  1. Don't get me wrong. Your plan is solid. Don't get me wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't ask me to write another post and then make fun of me.

      Delete